The Clean Coder Book | a Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers
About the Clean Coder Book
The Clean Coder Book: Programmers who endure and thrive amidst uncertainty and constant pressure share a common trait: They care deeply about the practice of creating software. They treat it like a craft. They are professionals.
In The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers, legendary software expert Robert C. Martin introduces the disciplines, techniques, tools, and practices of the real software industry. This book is packed with practical advice – about everything from estimating and coding to rebuilding and testing. It covers more than just technology: it is about position. Martin demonstrates how to approach program development with honor, self-respect and pride, work well, work cleanly, communicate and appreciate honestly to face difficult decisions with clarity, sincerity, and understanding that deep knowledge comes with a responsibility to act.
Readers will learn
- What it means to behave as a true software craftsman
- How to deal with conflict, tight schedules, and unreasonable managers
- How to get into the flow of coding, and get past writer’s block
- How to handle unrelenting pressure and avoid burnout
- How to combine enduring attitudes with new development paradigms
- How to manage your time, and avoid blind alleys, marshes, bogs, and swamps
- How to foster environments where programmers and teams can thrive
- When to say “No”–and how to say it
- When to say “Yes”–and what yes really means
Great software is something to admire: powerful, elegant, functional, a pleasure to work with as a developer and as a user. Great software is not written by machines. It is written by professionals with an unwavering commitment to craftsmanship. Clean Coder will help you become one of them – and gain the pride and loyalty that they alone possess.
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Pages: 210 / 244
- ISBN 13: 9780137081073
- ISBN 10: 0137081073
- Year: 2011
- Language: english
- File: PDF, 12.11 MB
- Series: Robert C. Martin series
The Clean Coder Book,The Clean Coder Book,The Clean Coder Book,The Clean Coder Book