Clean Code Book Free | A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
About Clean Code Book
Even Clean Code Book PDF can function. But if code isn’t clean, it can bring a development organization to its knees. Every year, countless hours and significant resources are lost because of poorly written code. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Renowned software expert Robert C. Martin delivers a revolutionary model with clean code: The Agile Software Prowess Handbook. Martin collaborated with colleagues from Object Mentor to distill their agile best practices for “on the go” cleaning code into a book that instills in you the values of the software maker’s and makes you a better programmer – but only if you work at it.
What kind of work would you do? You’ll read the code – a lot of code. You will be prompted to think about what is correct in this code and what is wrong with it. Most importantly, you will be challenged to reassess your professional values and commitment to your profession.
Clean Code is divided into three parts. The first describes the principles, styles, and practices of writing clean code. The second part consists of several case studies of increased complexity. Each case study is an exercise in code cleaning – to convert a few problem-base code into a valid and effective one. The third part is the bonus: One chapter contains a list of heuristics and “scents” that were gathered during the creation of the case studies. The result is a knowledge base that describes the way we think when we write, read, and clean code.
Readers will come away from this book understanding
- How to tell the difference between good and bad code
- How to write good code and how to transform bad code into good code
- How to create good names, good functions, good objects, and good classes
- How to format code for maximum readability
- How to implement complete error handling without obscuring code logic
- How to unit test and practice test-driven development
- This book is a must for any developer, software engineer, project manager, team lead, or systems analyst with an interest in producing better code.
This book is a must for any developer, software engineer, project manager, team lead, or systems analyst with an interest in producing better code.
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Pages: 462
- Edition: 1
- ISBN 13: 978-0-13-235088-4
- ISBN 10: 0-13-235088-2
- Year: 2008
- Language: english
- File: PDF, 2.93 MB
- Series: Robert C. Martin series
Clean Code Book,Clean Code Book,Clean Code Book,Clean Code Book